How is Dash different than Bitcoin?
Dash is completely anonymous, Bitcoin is not. Due to the code, people can’t do reverse look ups on the Blockchain to track patterns and then track transactions on Dash.
To accomplish anonymity, Dash leverages a built in mixing service that hides the chain of the coin’s transactions.
In Dash, there are special nodes called masternodes that mix the coins.
For a transaction on Dash, the following happens:
- The coins leave the sender’s wallet.
- The coins then go to a masternode and get mixed up with coins available on the masternode.
- The coins that go to the recipient are now different than the original coins sent from the sender.
Dash also has instant transactions. A small fee is paid to the masternode and the transaction completes within seconds, without the need for confirmations. Bitcoin is lacking in this regard. Bitcoin transactions are now taking hours as of 3/15/17.
Our new Dash shirts and hoodies:
Check out our Steemit post about accepting Dash: Steemit.com
- Voice Social Media Launches On The EOS Blockchain - June 6, 2019
- New Survey Reveals 27% Of Young Professionals Prefer Bitcoin Over Stocks - May 7, 2019
- Facebook Opens 5 Positions For Blockchain Jobs - April 1, 2019